Monday, June 30, 2008

Cycle Blood

I have a friend who has an unlimited number of very useful skills, one of them is bicycles. He is an avid, enthousiastic and skilled rider and is also mechanically inclined. He takes apart, repairs, cleans, alters his bikes with the ease of making a sandwich. Just recently he took apart his whole bike, cleaned (with a sonic cleaner) all the parts, buffed out all the scratches, waxed the frame and then proceeded to put the bike back together. It took a total of 7 hours, and while he thought this was a great use of time, his girlfriend informed me of a new term... his love of bikes is making me a bike widow!! I can see how one would think that after 7 hours!
So on that note, I would like to dedicate this post to my two biking friends, lover and widow - if he makes you a widow, get him to spruce up the house while he is at it!



These are from Bike Furniture Design and are just some of the many forms they have - all with recycled bike parts!



These designs are from Swedish designer Frida Ottemo Kallstrom which I saw on Inhabitat



No comments:

Post a Comment