Monday, July 28, 2008

Black and White Debate Week

I am moving my first long term apartment!! I think it's finally the right time to put some real effort into decorating my bedroom. I tried a black and white theme for the past 1.5 years but haven't been able to create a desired look. Currently it looks little more than a haphazard assemblage of dark furniture with white walls.
So I am faced with the dilemma - do I try and revamp the black and white theme or do I scratch that theme all together and create a new colour pallet? I went and visited the apartment yesterday and noticed that the walls are cream/off white. Can I still pull off black in white?

I did see a print of white flowers on a black background that will be left in the apartment and could serve to a great inspiration piece for a B&W room... So I might be leaning towards black and white, but I'm not sure - are B&W (with green as an accent) too strong for a bedroom? Since I tried to do the theme once and failed, should I just move on? Any suggestions?

Inspiration if my room is Black and White

Freshome.com

Home and Gardens

House to Home

Style at Home

Allen Swartz

I saw a black and white display at Pottery Barn this weekend and it made my heartbeat quicken a bit...

Both images from Pottery Barn - Quilts and Shams

No comments:

Post a Comment