Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Headboarding

I have the great joy and heavy responsibility of buying a new bed in the near future. And in true form over function, my debate in buying a bed revolves around the headboard. Do I want a headboard? If so, do you I want a strong, soft, intricate, simple, big or small headboard? Or do I want to just have a wall feature? I must admit that I do love my headboard right now, I would keep it if it fit on a queen bed, however it doesn’t....
My current bed is this IKEA bed, just imagine the silver painted black and the wicker stained a deeper brown... via ikea circa 2001


As you might recall in earlier posts I am doing my room in black and white. Currently my bedding is black, but I am torn between keeping it or changing to white, I know that decision is a fluid one and so I will have to have a headboard that works with both. Below are some that I like… Any thoughts on these?

House and home

Simple - keeps the room light and can go with many different themes - not really the focal point however...

Via the internet.... sorry!

I just love this funky headboard, what a great image, and it looks comfy to lean aganist too!

Apartment Therapy

This organic headboard and duvet cover absolutely amazing and so serene.... I would love to have this as my headboard... however it is just too close to what I already have, I need to move on!

I love the mirrors on top of the bed. The contrast between the soft fluffy bed and the sharp, rigid shapes of the mirrors is awesome. Hum... mirrors as headboards......

No comments:

Post a Comment