Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Heavenly coffee break.

Keeping in the rustic theme I started on Friday, I just wanted to post about this adorable coffee shop in Coleman Alberta. Where is that? Well, for most of you it is middle-of-no-where Southwestern Alberta; but for those who ski, it is just after Frank Slide on the way to Fernie from Calgary. I usually associate Coleman with slow speed limits and fueling options, that is, until now! As I rolled into Coleman I noticed this large sign - Blackbird Coffee. Since I am obsessed with birds right now, I had to pull in, to check it out. And while I don't get why it is called Blackbird, it doesn't make a difference because it's great! On a whole, it is simple and eclectic and down to earth. The serving bar area is open, allowing you to still feel the space of the church with the high ceilings and stained glass. There are stellar antiques in the back, including some really well kept 1950s stainless steel items. The seating is a merry mismatch of chairs, couches and tables. I was almost sad that this was not next to a university since it would have been such a great hang out for students. The lady behind the bar was super friendly, and made up for the fact that they didn't have any skim milk. I just loved how quaint and cute this place was - I couldn't hear the road from inside, and all the details could have kept me there for hours! Unfortunately I had to move along...Next time, however I will make sure to have a few hours to spare for a snack and a browse. I hope they do well and stay there long enough for me to return!

No comments:

Post a Comment