Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Going Beyond Green with Reusable Bags

I was referred to the blog This Time is Now by Emma's Design Blogg, and what an amazing blog it is! One of the posts Transformed reminded me of a project that Commercial Drive does. Commercial Drive is a vibrant neighbourhood in Vancouver with great initiatives. There are street banners hanging from the lamp posts, which eventually get retired. However instead of throwing them out, they 'transform' them into reusable shopping bags.


Because the banners are always colourful and festive, the bags inevitably are bright and cheery. And if the colour doesn't cheer you up, then the thought that you are saving 1.77 tons of CO2 emissions a year, or that all the proceeds from the sale of these bags are re-invested into the community to build new green spaces might!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for mentioning my post and blog in your on your super blog!
    Sorry to say that it has taken me this long to find you again, but I'm happy that I did. I'll be having a nice chai latte with your blog tomorrow morning.

    Ciao et Merci!

    Felicia, This Time Now

    ReplyDelete