Monday, January 12, 2009

Easy Eco Mondays - Rabit Food

Try out more vegetarian meals.

Eating meat (or animal based products) has a larger carbon footprint than eating plant based food. (I'll give you stats tomorrow) However, most North Americans meals center around meat. For me, there is usually one meat product in each of my lunch and dinner. I choose meat to keep my protein intake up because it is easy to cook, even though I know there are high protein meat alternatives out there! I tried cooking lentils a couple times before with the results were dismal at best. If only I knew how to cook protein rich vegetable based foods! And I am sure I am not the only one to lament about this! So what to do? Well, the answer is at my finger tips!

Many of the recipe websites (All Recipes, Cooks.com, Recipe Zaar, and Epicurious) out there contain a large number of vegetarian recipes, or meatless section, as well there are websites dedicated solely to vegetarian cooking.

Here are 5 vegetarian websites with many positive reviews:

Don't these dishes look yummy?

No comments:

Post a Comment