Thursday, February 26, 2009

Canadian Content

I'm back.... and what brought me out of my deep winter slumber? Canadian design! I was catching up on some much needed reading and I came across a post on Design*Sponge about the Interior Design Show in Toronto. The show was sponsored by my favorite magazine - Azure!

I love the light webbing through the slats of wood of this sauna. Work by StudioJunction, check out their website, they do amazing things with wood! Image via Design*Sponge


Via Azure

The entrance way of the Gladstone Hotel via Design*Sponge






Both pieces by ceo & waito, they do stunning things with ceramics. Top image via Design*Sponge and lower image from the ceo & waito website.

I especially loved the work by Vancouverite Jeremy Hatch, who installed a porcelain-cast of ropes, pulleys, skids and wrenches... while much of it broke while being shipped out from BC, he was not disappointed, rather he said it just makes the impractical ensemble all the more poetic. If only I could look at all the downs in my life as poetic...
Image via Design*Sponge


Image from Jeremy Hatch's website

1 comment:

  1. I love Coe & Waito. Have 3 pieces by them and want nearly everything they make!

    ReplyDelete