Tuesday, March 31, 2009
These ones are small and would be great in the corner where the bookshelf are! And look at all of the storage!!
This table might be a hall/sofa table but it reminds me of the one that we saw at Sojourn. It would look awesome in front of the window and can double function as a buffet...
...as well as be narrow enough to allow for another sitting chair, such as the lovely one below this table! (this might not be the ideal colour, but the shape is awesome! It would be a great height to pull up to the coffee table too!)
If you don't think you have enough room for the chair above, these ones would be good options, they could double function as desk chairs, dinning chairs or a family room chair for extra guests!
If you are leaning towards the bench with storage option for the window, here are some of my favourites!
And last but not least, side tables! I love this one, I think it is a night stand, but I love the simple design and all the storage.
And to add some texture and keep it casual and welcoming, these versatile floor cushions! They would be great to pull out when sitting around the coffee table eating or playing games! Scrabble battle! (you can also use them as foot rests!)
Here is the one catch: To achieve this look, we are going to have to go on a road trip to the States and visit a West Elm, since everything is from there (yes I am a bit obsessed!). So what do you think Katie? Anything that you like? What about everyone else? Any items that you love or could see in your place?
Monday, March 30, 2009
I love the random display of letters. I don't especially love when words are written out, but random letters mixed in with a wall collage are great, slightly unexpected, and have the ability to be very clever and just plain old fun.
I don't have much to offer in terms of solutions, maybe someone else has some insight?
The only solutions I can ponder up are:
1) Eat less take out, or eat in the restaurant.
2) See if you can bring Tupperware to the restaurant and transfer the food from a plate to your container. I believe there are some health issues with this, and many restaurants are not okay with this, but if you know the employees really well, there might be a way that this method could work.
3) Re-use the containers. My sushi container is usually (licked) clean when I am done with it, so why not pack my lunch sandwich in it? Or make it into a planter, as seen here...
4) Encourage your favourite restaurant to use biodegradable take out containers. Its been done here, here and here, however they have their limitations
Do you eat take out? Have you found a solution for the packaging? Any suggestions for my sushi take out dilemma?
Friday, March 27, 2009
Do you ever have weekends where you have these commitments, and you would normally want to do them, but since they are all occurring at the same time, you kind of feel like just blowing them all off? I wish my plans would plan to spread themselves out so that each weekend would be scattered with a few fun events, instead of having one weekend being chalker block full of things and the next be empty!
So this weekend I am going to try and not over think things, or worry that my plan is flawed and that there are oversights! I am going to try and just stay calm, not worry about the future and enjoy myself... I'll let you know how it goes on Monday!
Thursday, March 26, 2009
I wish I lived in the southern hemisphere in the winter months....
Images via Elle
The last two are by far my favourite! I love the beach feel of the yellow dress! So would you follow the summer around the world if you could?
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
I wonder what Emily will invent next!
Monday, March 23, 2009
This lovely Parisian apartment is that of Marieke Berghuis as it was featured on Design*Sponge
So I would like to send you off with some profound, life altering thought on French Design and Style, however with my Monday mind I can only relate it back to what first inspired me to go on this week long look at France... The language... ready? Here is is my huge insight...
French Style is a lot the French language, its all about the accents!
Don't you agree?
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Via The Sartorialist
Via French Elle
Via Garance Dore
Most importantly, french women have a confidence about them - like they know some funny secret and are always ready to flirt!
I mustn't forget...Shoes!! They are never an afterthought... and heals are always welcome!
Via Garance Dore
Sigh, if I only was taught how to dress french instead of the pass tense conjugation of an irregular verb....
What do you think french style is?
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
If you don't want to get lost in the beautiful city, check out these guides!
- From the Guide Book Time Out, a comprehensive overview of the city.
- The writers of USA Today give you their opinion of what to do in Paris, with some original options!
- The wonderful Design Guide from Design*Sponge full of suggestions from all Paris Roundup contributors (see the roundup here, here, here and here)
- Or check out some wonderful blogs such as Peter's Paris (via synch-ro-nizing)or this one, or the most aptly named The Paris Blog