Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Raw Onions and Sweets

I normally try to avoid raw onions. I find them overpowering, like an over sized patterned sofa in a small room. They also leave you with bad breath and a poor aftertaste. But today I had some at lunch. And following lunch, I had the strongest craving for something sweet... like candy sweet. My theory is that in order to mask the horrible bitter aftertaste of raw onion, my body craved something sweet. Something with strong enough flavour to allow me to speak freely in close proximity to others, to be able to yawn without worry, and laugh without turning away.........
Have you noticed the same thing? Do you regularly crave sweets after a meal with raw onions?

I would like to postulate that raw onions are making me fat!
Both via Flickr: Here and here

2 comments:

  1. I always want sugar after eating onions. Weirdness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same issue with onions. Never really noticed before until my trainer had me log my food and workouts...weird.

    ReplyDelete