Monday, October 5, 2009

Fear the Fall

With the first snow on the local mountains behind us, I am really starting to get apprehensive about the colder weather coming through, I get this uneasy feeling in my stomach a lot like the one I get when I have just been caught... Do you get this feeling too? It's rather silly because it's still really warm here - we actually broke records on September 23rd (28 degrees!), and I am sure I have a few weeks of good weather left, but I just seem to know that over the horizon are wet, dark, cold months ahead... Why does fall make me feel this way?

It might be because I live in Canada and winter can last 8 months or more, or that the summer has been so great and I have been outside so much and doing all these different activities, that I can't imagine spending my days inside...

I love plaid flannel. I am looking forward to sporting some more of this... with slippers. Beauty. James Merrell

Before I plummet into winter blues, I thought I would list off some reasons why it might be nice to have winter.... I remember not too long ago saying that I am looking forward for some cooler weather so I could get some things done, and do some activities inside that I really enjoy and have been neglected while I was out frolicking in the sun.


  • Decorate Andrea's, James' and Kevin's rooms. I gave them some ideas (posted on here) a couple of months ago, but we haven't really made any advances
  • Skiing and snowshoeing - I can't forget to get out there and enjoy the winter weather
  • Science world, museum, movies, theater
  • Crafts! I have a million projects which I would love to finish, I am sure they will start popping up on my monthly to do lists!
  • Courses
  • Baths, and steams... to just relax the day away!
  • Cooking, warm cookies from the oven... what is better?
  • Long Coffees and reading the whole newspaper on Sunday mornings
  • Organizing - it might not sound fun, but it will feel so good!

A few things I am going to do to make sure I don't get chilled to the bone this winter

Looking forward to pulling on some gloves, and a chunky sweater, and even dressing it up! Via Club Monaco

- Turn the heat up in my apartment (just once in a while) wear a summer dress play summer music, dance and drink fun summer drinks!
- Sauna, hot tub - get that body temperature up!
- Pedicure - even though no one will probably see them, it would be really nice to have pretty feet once in a while
- Sweat - not just a regular sweat, but a boot camp type sweat.
- Tea - My splurge of the year - good tasty teas!
- Candles - lots and lots of candles, with a fire extinguisher very close.
- Public fireplaces - find my favourite cafe or restaurant with a fireplace and make myself a regular!

Via Elle Decor

Hope everyone else is keeping warm and looking forward to the up coming chilly months! What do you to shake the winter blues?

1 comment:

  1. We have the same type of winter here. We are lucky to have three full months without snow. Having that club monaco outfit would definitely make it easier to adjust to!

    ReplyDelete