Monday, November 30, 2009
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
I can't find the source... anyone?
- The shoes - of course! I like that they are all different sizes, but they are all the same style.
- I love the storage use of the shoes - and that they are above sitting nose level!
- The wooden pencils. Does anyone use these anymore? I have a few that I just love. The hexagonal shape, amazing.
- The tin used as a vase for the tulips.
- The matte black chair. I like that the chair angles are the same as the desk, but the black adds a contrast. I also love that it's matte. It really looks like it absorbs the light instead of being reflective and drawing too much attention.
- The sliver box. A little bling, but with straight lines a classic touch.
- The wallpaper, so out of Africa... Love the texture too.
- The drawer handles, a throw back to school days when our teachers had desks like this... I always wanted to peek in those drawers but never dared!
- The desk legs, at an angle, narrow and attached on the outside. Feels so deconstructed.
- The greenery and flowers, bring some life to your workspace.
Wow, that was too much fun. I love lists!
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Steph is thankfully sharing her re purposing and salvaging talents with Vancouver at two local shows, Make it Vancouver this weekend and Urban Artisan Craft Fair November 28th and 29th, and select pieces from her line have recently been picked up by dream! Non-Vancouverites can check out her online shop.
To see more of her talent, including wonderful styling, check out these images taken by J.Loek of her line. I am counting the minutes until I can head down to the CCC to check out what new creations she has come up with lately.
Monday, November 16, 2009
Thursday, November 5, 2009
I can see her positive mantra glowing! Cleo Sullivan
So let's see if I did everything I wanted to do for October...
- Sew some of the Roman Blinds - purchase doweling, top piece of wood and lining material. Cut and measure out all material - The lining material is sitting right in front of me!
- Move bedroom wall art
- Clean out room - documents, clothes and (gasp!) shoes - this was so hard, 3 bags later, my room looks a lot less cramped!
- Move winter clothes up, store summer clothes
- Keep up with course homework - it was a squeeze, but I managed.
- Post 1 time a week - not quite once a week but I did post more than 4 times this month!
Can you believe it? I finally got a whole list done, I am currently in shock. Now that I have some momentum, here is my want to-dos for Movember:
- Post once a week. Post some personal projects.
- Buy a winter bike. I officially can't ride my summer bike anymore.
- Finish decorating Kevin's room. (and post pictures)
- Make a complete set of study notes. Book exam.
- Be on the ball with work. Make deadlines. (this one is going to be hard!)
- Yoga twice a week - a class or a video.
- Book vacation. (Yes that's right I'm going on a fun vacation in 2010! More details later!)
I hope this will be my new winter bike! Kona
I might be getting ahead of myself because this list looks long! Note - the roman blinds are not on here. I might have given up on them.