Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Back with Goals

Well, 4 years later, and I here I am. Writing again. 4 years ago, I quit my engineering job, packed up my ocean view Vancouver apartment, sold all of my furniture and my beloved Jetta, Charlotte, said so long (but not farewell) to many beloved friends and moved east to Toronto to embark on a new challenge - My MBA. Fast forward 4 years and I am 2 years post-MBA living in my first house (still rented) in Calgary working in the finance sector. It seems like things are so much different, and they are, but at the same time, they aren't. I still struggle to figure out what is important to me, how to manage work/life/goals/morals and values while still fitting into society's structure. I'm happy to note that many topics I wrote here 4+ years ago still resonate today. But fulfilling those ideas still pose a challenge. So I am back to continue this journey.

Talking to a close friend last night, she discussed her method for acting purposefully this year. She established goals and PUBLICLY shared them. I was blown away by the dedication and the willingness to expose this vulnerability.

She has clearly inspired me to take steps in the same direction. So here we go:

H2 2015 Goals

  1. Blog once a week - It doesn't have to be long. It doesn't have to be inspiring. Hopefully it will allow me a moment to explore topics that peak my interest
  2. Sleep - Get more of it. Make it a priority. Go to bed earlier. This is probably something I struggle with the most. 
  3. Be outdoors - I heard a quote this morning, perfect timing: "We are better outdoors". So simple, So true. "I've never seen someone with trail rage, but I definitely have personally experienced road rage."
  4. Take time. For myself. Make it a priority.
  5. Recognize what makes me happy. Do it with abandon and without judgement. 

So that's it. 1 - 4 probably meet the SMART goal setting guidelines. 5 will be a be more difficult. But I'll definitely know every time I achieve that one... I'll have a huge smile.

I'm excited for the next 6 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment